Heating systems are essential in any household or commercial space, particularly during the colder months. With the numerous available options, choosing the right heating system for your area can be overwhelming. However, one option that stands out is the Orbis Heater. In this article, we will explore everything you need to know about Orbis Heaters, from what they are to their benefits and how to choose the right one.
What is an Orbis Heater?
Orbis Heaters are electric heaters using infrared technology to heat a room. Unlike conventional heating systems that use convection heating, which heats the air in a room, Orbis Heaters directly heat the objects in the room, including the people. The things absorb the infrared rays produced by the Orbis Heater in the room, which then radiate heat, making the room warmer.
Types of Orbis Heaters:
Orbis Heaters come in different sizes, shapes, and designs, making them suitable for various spaces. Some of the common types of Orbis Heaters include:
- Wall-mounted Orbis Heaters – These heaters are mounted on the wall and are ideal for spaces with limited floor space, such as hallways, bathrooms, and bedrooms.
- Ceiling-mounted Orbis Heaters – These heaters are mounted on the ceiling and are ideal for large spaces such as garages and warehouses.
- Portable Orbis Heaters – These compact heaters can be moved from one room to another, making them suitable for small spaces.
Features of an Orbis Heater:
- Infrared Technology – Orbis Heaters use infrared technology to heat a room, making them energy-efficient and cost-effective.
- Timer – Most Orbis Heaters come with a timer that allows you to set the heater to turn on and off at specific times.
- Thermostat – Orbis Heaters come with a thermostat that helps regulate the room’s temperature, ensuring optimal heating.
- Remote Control – Some Orbis Heaters have a remote control that allows you to adjust the temperature and settings without leaving your seat.
Benefits of using an Orbis Heater:
- Energy Efficiency – Orbis Heaters are energy-efficient and use less electricity than traditional heating systems, helping you save on energy bills.
- Quick Heating – Orbis Heaters heat a room quickly, providing instant warmth, making them ideal for spaces that require rapid heating.
- Cost-effective – Orbis Heaters are cost-effective, with lower installation and maintenance costs than traditional heating systems.
- Health Benefits – Orbis Heaters do not circulate air, making them ideal for people with respiratory problems, allergies, and asthma.
How to choose the right Orbis Heater:
Choosing the right Orbis Heater depends on several factors, including space size, heating needs, and budget. Here are some factors to consider when selecting an Orbis Heater:
- Size of the space – Choose an Orbis Heater that is suitable for the size of your area. A small room requires a small heater, while an ample space requires a larger heater.
- Heating Needs – Consider the heating needs of your space. Choose a heater with a high wattage output if you require rapid heating.
- Budget – Set a budget for your Orbis Heater purchase, taking into account the installation and maintenance cost
, taking into account the installation and maintenance costs. Orbis Heaters come in different price ranges, and choosing one that fits your budget is essential.
- Safety Features – Ensure that the Orbis Heater you choose has safety features such as overheat protection, tip-over protection, and a cool-to-touch surface to prevent burns.
Installation and Maintenance of Orbis Heaters:
Orbis Heaters are relatively easy to install, and most models come with a user manual that provides step-by-step instructions. Here are some installation tips:
- Choose the right location – Choose a location away from flammable materials and where the heater will not obstruct the walkway.
- Mounting – Follow the manufacturer’s instructions on correctly mounting the heater.
- Electrical Wiring – Ensure the electrical wiring is correctly done and the heater is connected to a dedicated circuit.
Maintenance of Orbis Heaters:
Regular maintenance is necessary to ensure optimal performance and longevity of your Orbis Heater. Here are some maintenance tips:
- Cleaning – Regularly clean the heater with a soft cloth to remove dust and debris that may clog the air filters.
- Air Filter Replacement – Replace the air filters periodically to ensure optimal performance and energy efficiency.
- Check for Damages – Regularly check the heater for damages such as cracks, dents, or loose connections, and have them repaired immediately.
Orbis Heater FAQs:
- Are Orbis Heaters safe to use?
Yes, Orbis Heaters are safe to use, provided you follow the manufacturer’s instructions and safety guidelines.
- How much electricity does an Orbis Heater use?
The amount of electricity an Orbis Heater uses depends on its wattage. On average, an Orbis Heater uses between 600-1500 watts per hour.
- How long does an Orbis Heater last?
Orbis Heaters can last up to 10 years with proper maintenance.
- Are Orbis Heaters cost-effective?
Yes, Orbis Heaters are cost-effective, with lower installation and maintenance costs than traditional heating systems.
In conclusion, Orbis Heaters are an excellent option for heating your space. They are energy-efficient, cost-effective, and provide quick and safe heating. Choosing the right Orbis Heater depends on several factors, including the size of your space, heating needs, and budget. An Orbis Heater can last years with proper installation and maintenance, providing warmth and comfort in your area.